Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First post of a new adventure

Welcome to my first blog post.

Why am I starting a blog? Because I'm vain and narcissistic; something inside of me makes me think the many random things I do should be shared.
Well, really, I've been suffering from severe writer's block. As a writer, I fail. As a nurse, I'm surprisingly lacking free time. Even as a friend, I'm not very good. Still, I manage to squeeze in a lot of new and random things I do. From Star Trek conventions, getting lost on Treasure Island, experimenting with new recipes, expanding my insane Vinylmation collection by standing in line in SF Union Square at 6AM.... There's lots I do, and even more to try. If anything, I want a record of all the fun things I do because I'm only getting older. I want something to prove to my nieces (and children I may have) that I once had a life. =D

In fact, starting a blog is a new "adventure" for me, if you will. Like 95% of the world, I'm hooked up to all kinds of social networks so it's not like my personal information isn't secret anymore. But I have a lot of interests. A LOT. So, it'll be interesting how someone as random as me will be able to tie everything together, and how long my child-like attention span will be able to keep this up.

Until next post.... Enjoy this picture of an apple my mom grew in her garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment